1kg Bloss Decaf Espresso (not available in 250g)
This Decaf Coffee is a premium decaf coffee, with a cupping score of 84.
- choose a regular subscription or one-time buy
- choose a bag size
- choose whole bean or pre-ground
For Subscription Option
- 1 bag of coffee (1kg) will be sent to the shipping address at each set time
- First bag ships when the order is placed
- Recurring shipments of coffee will continue to be sent at the chosen frequency
- Your first charge will be taken from your card when you place the order
- You will be reminded 3 days before reoccurring charges to your card
- Can be canceled anytime
Sparkling Water Decaffeination Process
The process is outlined below:
- The green beans enter a ‘pre-treatment’ vessel where they are cleaned and moistened with water before being brought into contact with pressurised liquid carbon dioxide. When the green coffee beans absorb the water, they expand and the pores are opened resulting in the caffeine molecules becoming mobile.
- After the water has been added, the beans are then brought into contact with the pressurised liquid carbon dioxide which combines with the water to essentially form sparkling water. The carbon dioxide circulates through the beans and acts like a magnet, drawing out the mobile caffeine molecules.
- The sparkling water then enters an evaporator which precipitates the caffeine rich carbon dioxide out of the water. The now caffeine free water is pumped back into the vessel for a new cycle.
- This cycle is repeated until the required residual caffeine level is reached. Once this has happened, the circulation of carbon dioxide is stopped and the green beans are discharged into a drier.
- The decaffeinated coffee is then gently dried until it reaches its original moisture content, after which it is ready for roasting.
There are several benefits to using this process for decaffeination:
- The agent used for extracting the caffeine is entirely natural and the process can be classified as ‘organic’ due to the complete lack of chemicals used throughout. There is also no health risk by consuming coffee that has been decaffeinated in this way.
- The way the process works means the other compounds in the green bean are left untouched, meaning decaffeination has no effect on the flavour and aroma of the finished product. The carbon dioxide is very selective and doesn’t extract the carbohydrates and proteins in the green bean which contribute to flavour and smell.
- The cell structure of the green bean and the finished roasted bean is unchanged which is of great advantage when working with speciality coffees.
- The by-products are 100% natural and recyclable.
We Also Recommend
1kg Bloss Single Origin Espresso / Myanmar, Natural (not available in 250g)
Regular price £3400 £34.00